Beginning this fall, the Jenkins MBA program will offer a graduate certificate in decision analytics to equip business professionals with the skills to effectively navigate big data to drive business decisions and strategy. The program will be open to all Jenkins grad students and—space permitting—Jenkins alumni.
Courses in the certificate program will explore topics from data aggregation and isolation to the use of big data in strategic planning. Students earn the certificate by completing 12 credit hours from among the following courses:
- MBA 511 Data Management and Security
- MBA 590 Data Driven Decision Making
- MBA 590 Decision Analysis
- MBA 590 Business Analytics
- Decision Analytics Practicum — The practicum course is required. Students may conduct a big data practicum course or they may obtain approval to complete a data analytics project as part of another practicum course.
Full course descriptions will be available in the coming months.
Interested students should notify Judee Lonnee, director of academic advising.