This Saturday, Oct. 12, 5,000 people will be gathering from 12:30 to 3 p.m. at the PNC Arena west entrance for the staff and faculty appreciation tailgate event. There will be free food, games, activities, music and dancing for everyone to enjoy. After the tailgate event is over, faculty and staff will enjoy a football game as NC State takes on Syracuse at 3:30 p.m.
If you are attending the event, here are a few tips:
- If you won a parking pass at the College of Veterinary Medicine or fairground lot, know that shuttle buses will be running continuously starting at noon and one hour after game time. You must display the parking permit that you won.
- Bus stops at CVM and the fairground lot will be clearly marked with signs.
- If you received a special handicap parking pass, park at Cardinal Gibbons High School. Make sure you display your handicap placard and pass. A handicap-accessible shuttle will take you to and from the game.
- There will be outdoor activities as well as indoor activities. Wear the wristbands given with the football tickets to gain entrance into the event.
- Barbeque, hotdogs and all the trimmings will be served, along with vegan and gluten-free options.
- After the game, shuttle buses returning to CVM will be available on Trinity Avenue at the Gate 2 entrance. Look for the staff and faculty appreciation signs. Keep in mind that over 55,000 people are leaving the stadium. The ability to ride the shuttle bus back to CVM will be very limited due to the traffic. You may want to enjoy a nice walk back to CVM. It is just under a mile.