Watch for parking and traffic impacts as students swarm campus over the next few days to move into residence halls.
The folks in transportation will be on the job, conducting parking and traffic control operations to ensure everything goes smoothly. They offer the following tips:
- Move-in weekend takes place over the next three days, from Friday, Aug. 16 through Sunday, Aug. 18.
- Parking and traffic south of the railroad tracks on Central Campus will be greatly affected throughout the weekend.
- Cates Avenue will be designated a one-way street for westbound traffic between Morrill Drive and Dan Allen Drive. No eastbound traffic will be allowed in this area over the three days.
- Employees working in Pullen Hall, Harris Hall, the West Dunn Building, Witherspoon Student Center and First Year College should park in the Dan Allen deck. The student services lot in front of Harris Hall/Pullen Hall will be reserved for students moving into Bowen, Metcalf and Carroll residence halls.
- Employees working in Student Health Services can park in the Central Campus lot or the Dan Allen deck.
- Guests attending the Legacy Luncheon will park on North Campus in the Boney Drive lot, the Peele lot and in B parking spaces.
- Employees working in the Talley Student Center, Price Music Center, Carmichael Gym, Reynolds Coliseum and Clark Dining Hall should park in the Reynolds Coliseum deck, the Jeter bays or the Carmichael lot. The Carmichael lot will be used for Wolfpack Welcome Week events on Sunday.
- Employees working in Bragaw, Lee and Sullivan residence halls, and Fountain Dining Hall will need to park in the Schaub lot, West lot, West deck or the Dan Allen deck.
- The first 17 C parking spaces on Warren Carroll Drive will be reserved for students. Employees in this area can park in C spaces on Warren Carroll Drive that are not reserved for move-in, the Weisiger-Brown lot or the Reynolds Coliseum deck.
- Employees who normally park on Baver Drive will need to park in the Reynolds Coliseum deck or some another B parking area 6 a.m. Thursday through 5 p.m. Sunday.
Questions? Contact Carl McGill Sr., special events coordinator, at email@example.com or 515-1600.