Provost Warwick Arden has announced the appointment of the Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) steering committee and the launching of the new accreditation website to provide updates regarding the progress of the university’s 10-year reaffirmation review by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
The purpose of the QEP is to better prepare students to be critical and creative thinkers. The QEP steering committee is a faculty-led committee charged with guiding the process of developing the plan. The committee will establish and manage the timeline, establish an organizational structure, appoint a coordinating committee and oversee its work in developing and writing the plan, and ensure that the campus is fully engaged throughout the process.
Co-chairs of the QEP Steering Committee are Distinguished University Professor Chris Anson, director of the Campus Writing and Speaking Program, and physics Professor Stephen Reynolds.
- Meredith Davis, Professor, Graphic and Industrial Design
- Leda Lunardi, Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Adrianna Kirkman, Associate Dean, College of Natural Resources
- Sarah Ash, Professor, Food, Bioprocessing and Nutrition Sciences
- David McConnell, Professor, Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
- David Zonderman, Professor, History
- Vice Chancellor of Academic and Student Affairs (to be named)
- Two student representatives (to be named)
Pat Spakes, assistant director of accreditation, will work with the steering committee. She can be contacted for additional information about the QEP process at firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information about the SACS reaffirmation process, announcements, and review of document drafts as these become available, visit the new accreditation website.