Seventeen faculty and professional staff members have won awards for superior performance in outreach and extension work.
Recipients of the Outstanding Extension Service Award will be recognized April 18 at the “Celebrating an Engaged University” awards ceremony at the McKimmon Center.
- Kermit L. Bailey, College of Design
- Michelle T. Benigno, College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
- Tuere A. Bowles, College of Education
- Heather A. Davis, College of Education
- Robert B. Handfield, College of Management
- Michael J. McNulty, College of Engineering
- Gloria F. Putnam, North Carolina Sea Grant
- David C. Tilotta, College of Natural Resources
- Katherine R. Williams, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences/Cooperative Extension Service
In addition to receiving the Outstanding Extension Service Award, the following recipients will be inducted into the Academy of Outstanding Faculty Engaged in Extension.
- John C. Begeny, College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Craig A. Harms, College of Veterinary Medicine
- David Hinks, College of Textiles
- Lukasz M. Mazur, College of Engineering
- Richard A. McLaughlin, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Tony K. Stewart, College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Suzanne Kennedy-Stoskopf, College of Veterinary Medicine
- M. Cassandra Wiggins, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Begeny, Hinks and Mazur will also be recognized at Honors Convocation with the Alumni Outstanding Extension Service Award, which includes a check for $3,000.