You know someone at NC State who deserves recognition for a job well done. Why not take a few minutes to nominate that outstanding employee for the University Awards for Excellence program?
Awards for Excellence recognize the accomplishments and achievements of permanent NC State employees who do not hold faculty rank. Each year, the 18 colleges and divisions at NC State select award winners. From those recipients, the University Award for Excellence selection committee chooses five university-level winners (four SPA and one EPA staff) who advance to the Governor’s Awards for Excellence competition.
Nomination deadlines vary by each college and division, so please contact your coordinator for more information.
Employees may be nominated in five categories:
- Outstanding Service: Exhibited unselfish devotion to duty, far and above normal requirements
- Innovation: Initiated fruitful study and investigation or successfully established new and outstanding methods, practices, plans or designs
- Public Service: Made outstanding contributions by participating in or implementing community and public service projects
- Safety/Heroism: Demonstrated outstanding judgment or courage in an emergency or demonstrated meritorious action or service to prevent injury, loss of life or damage to or loss of property
- Human Relations: Made outstanding contributions toward enhancing the quality and morale of the workplace
Submit your nomination using the online form.