NC State earned several spots in the top 5 on a Diverse Issues in Higher Education magazine list of universities that award the most degrees to minority students.
In the graduate degree listings, NC State was third overall in doctorates awarded in agriculture and related sciences to all minority students. NC State ranked fourth nationally in mathematics and statistics undergraduate degrees awarded to African Americans and fifth nationally in engineering undergraduate degrees awarded to African Americans.
NC State also made the magazine’s Top 100 Degree Producers list in physical sciences, education, and biological and biomedical sciences, based on numbers of undergraduate degrees awarded to African American, Hispanic, Asian American and Native American students in 2008-09.
Here are highlights from NC State’s top 20 rankings:
- No. 6: doctorates in math and statistics awarded to all minorities
- No. 10: doctorates in engineering for African American students
- No. 11: doctorates in engineering for Hispanics
- No. 12: master’s degrees in engineering for African Americans
- No. 15: master’s degrees in physical sciences for Asian Americans
- No. 16: undergraduate degrees in engineering for African Americans
- No. 20: undergraduate degrees in agriculture and related sciences for Asian Americans
The complete rankings are available online at http://diverseeducation.com/top100/.