NC State’s national search for a new provost has begun with the appointment of a search committee. Margery Overton, chair of the faculty and professor of civil, construction and environmental engineering, will be the chair of the committee, which will hold its first meeting May 20.
Other members include:
- Ken Adler, professor of molecular biomedical sciences
- Frank Buckless, department head and professor of accounting
- Steve Carlton, chair, Staff Senate
- Timothy Clapp, director of textiles extension
- Jere Confrey, professor of mathematics, science and technology education
- Hugh Devine, professor of parks, recreation and tourism management
- Amassa Fauntleroy, professor of mathematics
- Kelly M. Hook, student body president
- Ali Kelfeli, president, Graduate Student Association
- Hans Kellner, chair elect, Faculty Senate; professor of English
- Steve Keto, associate vice chancellor for finance and business
- Terri Lomax, vice chancellor for research and graduate studies
- Trudy Mackay, professor of genetics
- Marvin Malecha, dean, College of Design
- Norris Tolson, NC State Board of Trustees, ex officio
The committee will work with an executive search firm to provide the names of three to five finalists to the chancellor, who will make the final selection. The Campus Executive Search Service also will provide support for the committee.
The reporting structures for provost, chancellor and vice chancellor for research will be realigned, effective July 1. The vice chancellor for student affairs and the director of university planning and analysis, currently reporting to the chancellor, will report to the provost. The dean of the Graduate School will report to the provost with a dotted line to the vice chancellor for research and graduate studies.